“Great teaching style. Great instructor. Lots of hands-on exercises made it easy to understand more useful tools. I would definitely recommend this class to anyone.”
“It was a very pleasing experience. We covered things I already do, but I learned different ways to approach the data I work with.”
“This is my third class with Juniper and all were excellent.”
“John Schaeffer is very knowledgeable and a great instructor. I would take many more courses from him again.”
"His relaxed manner and pace create a very good learning environment. He accommodates students with varying rates of learning."
- Recent student evaluations
Juniper GIS courses are eligible for educational achievement points awarded by the GIS Certification Institute (GISCI).
Juniper GIS classes provide active learning for all GIS users
- GIS class exercises are based on actual projects in diverse areas, including parcels, roads, forests & fire hazard zones
- Hands-on GIS classes with one computer per person for ArcGIS, ArcEditor, Geodatabases and more.
- Instructors who use ArcGIS and related software on a daily basis
- Teaching assistant is available, as needed, to ensure that all participants receive personal attention
Juniper GIS classes offer choices
- Onsite group training. Get a price quote for onsite training.
- Team project training
- Open enrollment classes in Oregon Washington and Idaho. See our GIS Class Schedule.
- Juniper GIS-developed classes and custom designed classes. See Descriptions of GIS Classes.
- Mix and match classes to meet your training needs
- E-learning classes
John Schaeffer is the lead instructor for Juniper GIS
- 20 years of GIS experience
- Over 25 years of experience in technical education
- Developed and taught GIS classes in community colleges and universities, for all levels of government and diverse industries.
- ESRI Business Partner